Tying up loose ends this friday and I thought I'd share some information on a new "tool" that I can't do without in my bag.
At first glance, you would assume it's just a toy, but start using it and tinkering around with the apps that are available and you'll see what a powerful sales and marketing tool this new gadget can be!
Reasons I love it:
1) Weight - walking around the city with a full bag is a pain in the shoulder! My goal is to completely ditch the laptop and only use my iPad for my sales calls.
2) Expandability - Want to do something new - just search for an app! Someone else has probably already thought of the same idea and implemented it.
3) Quick and Easy - it sounds like I'm being lazy...but opening and closing the laptop every few minutes, entering a password, it gets time consuming. Then forget about when Windows XP has a hiccup and I'm sitting there twiddling my thumbs waiting for my data. The iPad is QUICK. I can swoosh and swipe to get to the information I need faster than ever before.
4) Quick YouTube Access - I'm planning on using this to access product videos and testimonials immediately during a sales call.
Things I'm going to be working on:
1) I just got all my customer history data on the iPad this morning. Using a combination of Excel and Dropbox. It works seamlessly, however, I need to find a way to link my iPad to my company's online customer database...App Developers?
2) Order Entry - Right now my company uses old software to enter orders and keep track of item pricing. I need to get an app or online ordering up and running. For now I can email all my orders in to our customer service department, but a better way is right around the corner - again App Developers?!
What new tools are you using to help you out in the field!? I'd highly encourage everyone to get an iPad and put it to use.
Have a great weekend!